Chinese BBQ Pork (Cha Siu)
Recipe also in highlights!
1.2kg pork neck (pork loin also ok)
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp five spice powder
1 tbsp oil (vegetable or canola)
1 tsp red food colouring
1. Marinate pork in above ingredients for 24-48 hours
2. Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
3. Line a tray with foil and place a rack on top (recommended but not critical).
4. Remove pork from the marinade, save Marinade. Place pork on rack.
5. Roast for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade in a saucepan. Mix 2 tbsp honey into marinade. Bring to simmer over medium high and cook for 2 minutes until syrupy. Remove from heat.
7. Remove pork from oven. Dab marinade all over, then turn. Baste then roast for a further 30 minutes.
8. Remove pork from oven. Brush with marinade again, then turn, brush with marinade and roast for a further 20 minutes. If charring too quickly, cover with foil.
9. Baste again on surface then bake for a further 10 minutes until caramelised and sticky. Meat should be tender but not falling apart, like with pulled pork. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
For the egg noodle sauce: refer to my highlights or DM me 🙂