Also in my highlights 🙂
– Barramundi fillets (from Coles or Woolworths)
– Medium sized knob of ginger, peeled and cut into toothpicks (slice larger pieces if you don’t like eating ginger but want the ginger flavour so you can easily pick them out)
– Spring onion and coriander (as much as you like)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp neutral flavoured oil (vegetable, canola)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
1 tbsp Chinese wine (optional)
1. Slice spring onions into long strips (as pictured). Optional: Soak them in an ice bath for about 30 mins for them to curl. Chop coriander however you like
2. Fry garlic in oil on low heat until it browns. Option to keep the garlic or strain it out
3. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and Chinese wine into the oil and mix. If you want to keep it simple you can just use soy sauce. Add a couple tbsp of hot water so it’s not so viscous.
4. In a steaming tray, sprinkle ginger over the fillets
5. Steam on medium to high heat for 11-12 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet). Use a fork to poke through to check if it is cooked. (If it doesn’t poke through smoothly it still needs a couple more minutes)
6. Drizzle the sauce over it and garnish with spring onion and coriander. Serve with rice!